- This event has passed.
Permaculture Design Course
October 8, 2016
This special Permaculture Design Course (PDC) offered by Daily Acts starts October 8. This course is a unique opportunity you won’t find anywhere else!
Daily Acts is an award winning non-profit that is applying permaculture solutions from personal ecology to home, neighborhood and community-scales. Toby Hemenway is one of the best-known permaculture teachers in the world and has ties to local and global sustainability experts. This means you have an exceptional chance to interact with real sites, communities, organizations and agencies while learning from top permaculture instructors. From theory to on-the-ground action, this course will empower you with the knowledge, experience and tools to start living a more regenerative lifestyle.
This is your chance to learn permaculture’s whole-system tools to design and build regenerative landscapes, food systems, communities, schools, businesses, and relationships. Participants routinely call this course “life changing.”
The course takes place one weekend per month for six months (starting in October), so you don’t have to take time off from work to attend.
You’ll come out of this course with an ecological design toolkit for applying whole-systems thinking to every aspect of your life. You’ll be able to create and implement regenerative solutions to personal, local, and regional issues and to the challenges facing us all.
You’ll also gain tools for leadership, self-care, and collaboration with local communities and organizations. This is a unique opportunity to build social capital and a close, personal network of local Solutionaries.
· Covers the official 72-hour permaculture curriculum – including design principles, pattern literacy, mapping and surveying, soils and composing, ecology, water catchment and re-use, natural building, renewable energy, social permaculture, community building and green business design (to name a few)
· Features permaculture site tours, hands-on projects, lectures & discussions, exercises, & social networking
· Allows plenty of one-on-one time with the instructors.
· Certifies you with the internationally recognized Permaculture Design Certificate, sponsored by the premier certifying body in the US, Permaculture Institute USA, founded by Bill Mollison.
· Provides membership within an international community of over 350,000 PDC graduates & makes you eligible for advanced permaculture courses
Register today! Early Bird pricing ends September 1st.